ISC 2022 Call for Research Posters
PLEASE NOTE: THE CALL FOR RESEARCH POSTERS IS CLOSED!
The ISC research poster session is an excellent opportunity to present your latest research results, projects and innovations to a global audience including your HPC peers.
Springer, the international publisher specializing in science, technology and medicine, will sponsor the call for research posters with the research poster award which recognizes three outstanding research posters as selected by members of the posters committee. The Research Poster Awards include a cash prize of 500 Euros (first place), 300 Euros (second place) and 200 Euros (third place).
Attendance requires a Conference Pass. Please click here to view our registration fees.
ISC will grant a complimentary conference pass to one author per accepted poster.
|Research Posters Chair||Aparna Chandramowlishwaran, University of California, Irvine, USA|
|Research Posters Deputy Chair||Maryam Mehri Dehnavi, University of Toronto, Canada|
- A Fast Infinite Precision Inner Product using Ozaki Scheme and Dot2, and Its Application to Reproducible Conjugate Gradient Solvers
- A Secure Workflow for Shared HPC Systems
- A study on classification of HPC jobs based on energy consumption
- Advanced Traffic Modelling for Smart Cities - Project Demonstrator Using EVEREST Methodology
- Asynchronous Many-Tasking (AMT): Load Balancing, Fault Tolerance, Resource Elasticity
- Bounding-Box of User Expectation (BBoUE) Tuning Workflow Assessment for Performance Engineering Guidance
- Bringing Water to the Fields
- Cross-layer Visualization of Network Communication for HPC Clusters
- Digital Image Representation by Atomic Functions
- Efficient Executions of Pipelined Conjugate Gradient Method on Heterogeneous Architectures
- Evolution-based Optimization of Heat Sinks for Practical Manufacturing Processes
- Exploring and addressing non-deterministic floating point rounding errors in an industrial CFD application
- GROMACS in the cloud: A global supercomputer to speed up alchemical drug design
- Non-Volatile Memory for Exact-State-Reconstruction of Preconditioned Conjugate Gradient in Supercomputers
- OMB-Py: Python Micro-Benchmarks for Evaluating Performance of MPI Libraries and Machine Learning Applications on HPC Systems
- PanSim: a fast and portable agent-based simulator for modeling the COVID pandemic
- Quantum Implementation of the Modular Exponentiation Function for Shor’s Factorization
- Quantum Sudoku Solver: A Quantum Annealing Approach to Solving 2d and 3d Sudoku Puzzles
- UWLCM - Eulerian-Lagrangian cloud model for heterogeneous computing clusters
PLEASE NOTE: The Call for Research Posters is closed!
Submitted research poster proposals will be reviewed by the ISC 2022 Research Posters Committee, which is headed by Aparna Chandramowlishwaran, University of California, Irvine, USA as Chair and Maryam Mehri Dehnavi, University of Toronto, Canada, as Deputy Chair.
The ISC organizers will sponsor the call for research posters with eight awards for outstanding research posters: the ISC Research Poster Awards.
| Notification of Acceptance
||March 17, 2022 (extended)|
| Final Poster due
||May 10, 2022|
|Final Presentation Material due||May 10, 2022|
|Research Poster Session||June 1, 2022|
|Research Posters on Display||May 31 – June 1, 2022|
Areas of Interest
Research posters are intended to cover all areas of interest as listed in the call for research papers.
Note: Submissions on other innovative aspects of high performance computing are also welcome.
HPC in Asia
We have merged the HPC-in-Asia posters with our regular research posters activity. Researchers in Asia (who are from Asia, and/or working for institutes in Asia) are strongly encouraged to submit their poster proposals for ISC 2022 to the call for research posters.
Research Poster Awards
Springer, the international publisher specializing in science, technology and medicine, will sponsor the call for research posters with the research poster award which recognizes three outstanding research posters as selected by members of the posters committee. The Research Poster Award includes a cash prize of 500 Euros (first place), 300 Euros (second place) and 200 Euros (third place).
The authors of the best posters will be invited to submit a paper to The International Journal “Supercomputing Frontiers and Innovations” (JSFI) as full papers or short communications (see details at http://superfri.org).
Submission & Review Process
- Posters must be submitted as A0 portrait paper size (841 mm x 1189 mm/33.1” x 46.8”) or A1 landscape paper size (594 mm x 841 mm/23.4” x 33.1”) with a high resolution to ensure readability (e.g.: 2384 px × 3370 px at 72 dpi)
- maximum file size: 10 MB
- Poster title
- Poster author information
- Short poster abstract (250 words maximum)
- Topic area (as listed in the call for research papers)
- Draft of the poster as PDF file
- 1 page maximum
- Each poster is expected to receive a minimum of 3 reviewers
- Poster reviews are single-blind: reviewers will see author names, but authors will not see reviewer names.
- Posters will be evaluated based on originality, significance, quality and clarity
Final decision (March 17, 2022 - extended)
- All reviews will be considered by the poster’s committee
- Notification of the posters’ outcomes will be sent to authors
Terms & Conditions
- ISC 2022 is planned as an in-person conference from May 29 to June 2, 2022 in Hamburg, Germany. By submitting a research poster the submitter agrees to present it at ISC 2022 in Hamburg, Germany. In case circumstances that the submitter/speaker cannot control prevent them from attending the event, the submitter/speaker should contact ISC organizers and the research poster chair as soon as possible to discuss different options.
- The research posters will be on display from Tuesday, May 31 through Wednesday, June 1, 2022. Besides the informal poster presentations during the coffee breaks, every accepted research poster will have a short back-to-back lightning talk (swift, focused presentation) during the research poster session.
- Poster presenters need to be registered ISC 2022 participants, though one author will be granted a complimentary pass. Registrations fees will be published in 2022.
- Travel, accommodation, registration fees for other authors, and other such expenses will not be covered by the ISC organizers.
The International Journal “Supercomputing Frontiers and Innovations” announces the third issue (#3/2022) as a special issue devoted to the best research posters presented at ISC High Performance 2022. The authors of the best posters will be invited to submit papers to JSFI as full papers or short communications (see details at http://superfri.org).
In addition to publishing PDFs of the posters in the online conference program, the ISC organizers will make the conference materials (slides) available within the event platform for registered attendees only.
From all research posters submitted, the Research Posters Committee selects the ones for presentation at ISC.
- Estela Suarez, Jülich Supercomputing Centre, Forschungszentrum Juelich, Germany (Chair)
- Rio Yokota, Tokyo Institute of Technology, Japan (Deputy Chair)
- Vicenç Beltran Querol, BSC, Spain
- Florina Ciorba, University of Basel, Switzerland
- Alexandru Costan, IRISA, INSA Rennes, France
- Philippe Deniel, Commissariat Energie Atomique C.E.A, France
- Maria Girone, CERN - European Organization for Nuclear Research, Switzerland
- Hans-Christian Hoppe, Jülich Supercomputing Centre, Germany
- Tanzima Islam, Texas State University, United States of America
- Niclas Jansson, KTH Royal Institute of Technology, Sweden
- Niels Kuechler, Forschungszentrum Jülich GmBH, Germany
- Zhiling Lan, Illinois Institute of Technology, United States of America
- Preeti Malakar, Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur, India
- Filippo Mantovani, Barcelona Supercomputing Center, Spain
- Michael Ott, Leibniz Supercomputing Centre, Germany
- Erika Pellegrino, Leonardo S.p.A., Italy
- Ryuichi Sakamoto, Tokyo Institute of Technology, Japan
- Kento Sato, RIKEN, Japan
- Thomas Steinke, Zuse Institute Berlin, Germany